Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day! 3/23/2015

Hello my dear family and friends! Oh what a week it has been! I'm so glad I got through it! It was long, but wonderful!
Last Monday we went and played volleyball which is always fun. Then after Preparation Day we were on shift at the TC for the senior dinner, so we got to eat their leftovers! Pretty great day! 
Tuesday-St. Patty's day! We were on shift in the morning and were able to take a former missionary and her parents on a tour. She went home with Cragun and was an STL so I knew her a little bit. Then that afternoon we went and saw Valeri for our appointment, but when we got there she was on oxygen and not breathing well at all. Coughing a ton and hadn't slept at all the night before, so we told her we would come back later. We were so worried about her! Poor thing! She's doing a lot better now though. We've got to get her to quit smoking, then she won't be having so many problems with her breathing. So then we stopped by to see Ellen who is a less active, but we didn't have very much time because we had to head to our dinner appointment...but we were able to get a return appointment and then said a quick prayer with her. After the prayer, this man came out from the bedroom. He was older, like in his 50s or something, so I introduced myself and everything and he goes "Ya wanna know something, I'm mormon too!" And he puts his arm around me, and the other arm around Sister Brower and pulls us in really close and then kissed us both on the head. We were both shocked and didn't really know what to say or do, so we just quickly walked out the door, got in the car and started screaming. It was definitely the most uncomfortable moments of my life! He was obviously drunk probably from St. Patrick's Day. It was disgusting, and I am still terrified to go back. Ha! Anyways, then we had dinner with the Swapps and a lesson with Chris and Girly which didn't go too well. We're really trying to focus our time on Girly now and help her feel more comfortable with us, but whenever we ask her a question and she starts talking, Chris will interrupt and cut her off and...I don't know. It's a bit of a tough situation that we're still trying to figure out. 
Wednesday we went to Omaha West's zone training and were asked to train about charity and how it helps us teach by the Spirit. President Weston showed up which made us both a little nervous, but it was such a powerful meeting and we felt very good about it. Then we were on shift that night.
Thursday we were able to go to our own zone training and were asked to train on spiritual gifts and how that helps us teach by the Spirit. Again, very good meeting. It's amazing how much inspiration the Lord gives us when we don't have a lot of time to prepare. I have really come to love giving trainings and being up in front of people teaching about the gospel. It strengthens me so much and helps me feel accomplished! That night we served at the clinic with the Kanesville sisters, and then just the 4 of us went out to dinner because Dr. Fischer had some other responsibilities to attend to. It was actually a huge tender mercy because we were able to have some good one on one time with them and get to know them better. 
Friday we went on exchanges with the Lakeview sisters. I went with Sister Funk and we had such a great day! Were able to see Tammy in Bennington who we hadn't seen in quite a while so that was a huge tender mercy! Then we also saw Cassie and Judy, and Ellen again. Ellen is such a sweetheart and made these adorable handmade cards for us and put them in an easter basket with chocolate for Easter. She wanted to make sure she got them to us in case one of us left the area. We had such an amazing lesson and she is considering coming back to church! When before, if missionaries asked her that, she would kick them out. She thanked me for making her feel comfortable enough to open up to us. It was one of those moments where I knew I had fulfilled my purpose as a missionary and reminded me why I love being a missionary so much. 
Saturday was an insane day at the Trail Center. There was a wedding across the street at the temple, so TONS of people came in. It was the best! I love when it's busy at the TC. Took lots of tours, and met lots of new faces. Can't wait for the summer season! Then we worked on the schedule for the last couple weeks of the transfer because we won't have a lot of time to do it this week. Sister Brower and I continue to get closer and closer every day and we are working very well together. I love her so much! I should probably get going now! I hope you all are doing well. I love you so much and pray for you often! 
Sister Ferrara :)


St. Patrick's Day!

Grandma (me!), daughter, and granddaughter :)

Twinners! And Sister Hanks :)
We deep cleaned the temple this morning and got to clean the chandeliers!
We decided to make funny faces... :)

Breakfast at Harold's! The Florence classic restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment