Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Exact Obedience Brings Miracles!!

This week has been incredible! It's been a little tough with some struggles along the way, but with the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can do hard things. I don't have a whole lot of time, but I'll just share some of the highlights of this week:
Last Monday was so neat...we went to go see our favorite Puerto Rican people, Jessy, Marisol and family. We watched the Restoration movie in spanish with english subtitles and the Spirit was so strong! This family is so adorable and tells us their home is our home and Marisol even made us flan haha very interesting stuff...but they LOVE to talk, so it's hard to get a word in and actually teach them. So we thought the movie would get them to pay attention and it totally did! They loved it and are coming closer and closer to the knowledge of the truth! They have been reading the Book of Mormon and love it! Then the kids were getting ready to go to bed and they wanted to pray before they went, so we were able to teach them how we pray and then had a family prayer with them. I miss family prayer <3 It was so amazing!
Tuesday was also so amazing...we had the Trainer/Trainee Meeting. It was so neat to be on the other position this time. Then we had half day exchanges and I got to be with Sister Mahsltede in her area. Tender mercy!
Thursday I gave the best tour I have taken since I have been out on my mission. There was this old couple that walked in and I totally thought they were members...turns out they weren't! I finally realized they weren't when they asked me if the Nauvoo temple was still there haha obviously not members...anyways, while they were in the movie I prayed very hard to be able to give a converting tour and to have the words to say. Since I have been here 4 months now, it seems like my tours aren't as meaningful anymore and I just share the same things. So I was praying very hard that this would be an amazing tour and it was. This couple was so great. Though they were not members, they were such good people and very close to their family and had such strong faith in Jesus Christ and everything. They were Presbyterian. Throughout the whole tour they asked several questions about our church and missionaries and such, and the Spirit was just so strong and I made such a connection with these people. I felt as though Heavenly Father had just been talking right through me and telling them exactly what they needed to hear. The lady at some point had asked me if we get to choose where we go on our mission and I told her we get assigned...and she told me that they picked the right person to serve at the Trail Center. Oh, it just about melted my heart! It was so sweet and special. By the end of the tour I was able to give them a Book of Mormon and share Moroni's promise in Moroni 10:3-5 and they told me they would read it. I also gave them The Family and they said they would read that also. It was such a great tour! I gave them a referral card so I could stay in contact with them, but sadly they rejected that and told me they're private people and don't like to share personal information. Bummer. It was still the best tour I have taken so far on my mission. Also, that night we had dinner with Jenny, my favorite less active! Then she came out with us that night and we were able to see Sierra a potential investigator that we met last week. Huge miracle...basically, we met her husband and they both became investigators and before we even mentioned baptism, Sierra said she wanted to be baptized! What??!! That never happens! They have a cute little 9 year old girl and they want us to teach them as a family! Miracle! 
Saturday was incredible...we didn't have a dinner appointment, and when we showed up for our appointment with Brandi, she wasn't home...darn it. Instead we were able to give out 5 Book of Mormons total! Handed out 1 and loaned 3! I'm pretty sure one of them was like half drunk when we gave him the Book of Mormon haha but whatever... it was pretty funny. We were able to get 5 new investigators this week! Incredible! Then Sunday was excellent...we had stake conference! I love stake conference! 
This week has gotten SO cold! Had to get out the tights... :/ And we've had a TON of rain. Some people have said since we've had so much rain then that means we'll end up with a ton of snow...we'll see! I can't believe it's already the middle of September! Can't wait for halloween! Anyways, I gotta get going! Hope you are all doing well! Love you lots! 
Sister Ferrara :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment