It has been a really good week...I just have to say that I love being a missionary!! To think that 2 years ago I wasn't even planning on serving a mission. And now I can't imagine my life without serving a mission. It has changed my life in so many ways already, and I still have a long ways to go and so much more to gain and learn! Let's see....
Monday we had to cut our P-day short because we got to go to the temple on Friday with our zone! Woohoo! So we got to go see Sister Eckhard who recently had her surgery and she is doing SO much better! Recovering very well, and we sang her one of her favorite hymns as she was laying in her bed which really brought the spirit! It's amazing what music can do. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to play the piano and use music to share my testimony like I always have been able to, but I have had SEVERAL opportunities to play the piano! I have been asked to play the piano for district meetings, zone trainings, Trail Center training, the Trainer/Trainee meeting, and I was even asked to play in Relief Society at church one week!
Then Tuesday I had the most amazing experience being able to sing the National Anthem at the baseball game! I've never been to a real baseball game before, so it was soooo exciting! We had 6 sisters and 6 elders! I guess they have what's called "Mormon Night" so they ask missionaries to sing for them every year and I got to do it this time! So cool! Sister Mahlstede had to stay back at the Trail Center though :/ It was the Nebraska team called Storm Chasers...I don't know haha I've never heard of 'em...but it was awesome! We had a lot of fun doing that. 
Wednesday we had zone training then Trail Center...pretty normal!
Thursday was Teresa's birthday and she invited us to her birthday celebration at Golden Corral where we got to meet her family! It was very interesting, but great we got to meet them! Her sister that was there just recently moved to Bellevue and she is such a sweetheart, so we are hoping to be able to keep in contact with her and maybe teach her as well as Teresa! 
Friday we had weekly planning in the morning and then went to the TEMPLE! Oh my word...it was so wonderful! And I didn't fall asleep once! I kept looking over at Sister Mahlstede and she was totally dozing off...it was kinda funny ;) Anyways...the Winter Quarters temple is so special! I didn't ever want to leave! I absolutely love going to the temple. 
Ok sorry, but I'm kind of rushing through this email because I don't have a lot of time left. 
But Saturday I had the most incredible experience. We were serving at the Tabernacle in the afternoon so we only had time for a lunch appointment in our area, and on the way home since we have a 20 minute drive back from our area I have a lot of thinking time. Most of the time it's fine because Mahlstede and I talk and laugh and sing along to the music that's playing, but that day I was feeling really down and feeling a bit homesick. Mahlstede knows me inside and out now so she knew something was up, so she asked me what was wrong and I started tearin' up of course...can't ever hold them in to save my life. Anyways, we got out of the car since we had just gotten to the Trail Center and she gave me a big hug, and this random lady got out of her car and starts saying "God bless you sister, God bless you!" I turned around and she came right over to me and gave me this big hug and introduced herself and started giving me this sweet encouraging advice and everything...then she went on and told us all about her and her situation. Her name is Vasti. She's mexican and her mom is very ill and is going to die very soon. She is only 21 and has to provide for her family of 5. She's been meeting with the Elders, but has always wanted to meet with Sisters since she had never even met any before she met us! Long story short...we ended up talking and teaching her for about an hour and a half. It was one of those experiences where we were put in the exact right spot so that we could run into each other. She was an answer to my prayers, and I was an answer to hers. It was such a testimony to me that Heavenly Father really does know each and every one of His children personally. And I have been specifically called on this mission because there are people that I need to touch and help. Anyways... that's all I can share for today. I love you all! I know the Lord is aware of all of us! Don't ever forget that! Have a fantastic week! :)
Sister Ferrara